Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Sabai-Sabai

Last week went to Pattaya, Thailand on business. SDB owned a power plant at Laem Chabang Industrial Estate. Went with JL for a visit just to get to know the operation (since I also cover Power). Let me tell you, Pattaya is heaven. Met at the Bangkok airport by Oon, then drive to Pattaya from Bangkok took us around 2 hours. Well coming out from the airport alone took us 30 mins. But driving is great. Using their main motorway, we passed 3 tolls and the road can take you straight to Laos. Smooth driving all the way.

In Pattaya, what can I say. It's a tourist haven, so naturally, the place were jammed pack with the "farangs" or Mat Salleh in our lingo. The Walking Street along the Pattaya beach is full of food peddlars, souvenirs shops as well as the girlie bars. About 2 km in length. Not to mentioned, the road is full of "working ladies". After a great sea food dinner, Oon took us to one of the A-go-go bars where you get to sit in front of naked girls dancing on the bar table.

Well, I get connected to one of the LCP people. He invited me to come back for a private visit. This time we'll play golf. I've already contacted my friends and everybody is excited to go next month. I'll have to follow-up on this later. Tentative date : 15 Dec - 17 Dec. We'll see lor. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home