Monday, March 06, 2006

Damn... What a week.

OMFG.....what a week. My house was flooded, went to see PGL the musical, got my salary adjustment, get to know my true friends etc. Details below :

Last Sunday (26 Mac 2006), the Damansara river swelled up and the whole TTDI Jaya were flooded. In my house, it goes up to waist deep. My furnitures were floating in my living room and so does my fridge. However, I managed to save my L-shape sofa and also my washing machine. It was a total mess. It rain the night before and by 5 am the water has already entered the house. I woke up because the electricity black-out only to find the water level at my porch was at the tire level. Immediately drove my BM out and parked them on the bridge about 1 km away. Unable to save my Kancil though. All my books and documents that was stored downstairs were completely soaked and had to be thrown out. My shoes were missing especially my Adidas golf shoes that I've bought a couple of months back and yet to be used. Luckily my golf bag was in my BM.

Managed to bring my family out by 9 am. Zarina Gulam offered her place to stay and we took the offer since she got a big house and no husband or parents living with her. So good of her. So the whole family managed to sleep comfortably that night. The next morning, Fendi and Shukor came over to help me clean the house. Zarina gave one of her maid and together with Shukor's workers (two of them), there were 7 of us doing the cleaning. Zarina's father lent her jet-spray pump, so the cleaning is easy. By 3 pm we've finished cleaning the house and putting back the sofa and other furnitures. Thank god I have some friends like this. I was a bit sad because some of my friend whom I consider close friend don't even bother to call let alone offer help, but some has called up offering sympathy. But now I know who are my "real" friends. Friend who would stick through thick and thin.

So, since I've already bought the tickets for PGL at IB, me & wifey together with wifey friend Jun and her niece went to see the theatre. It was fucking awesome man. The costumes and the stage was brilliant. the songs and the acting was superb. After the play, we stick around a bit to see the "stars". Wifey managed to take a picture with that Hang Tuah fellow, the guy from London. I was watching some of the chicks and of course Datin Seri Tiara Jac who was clinging to her hubby Datuk Effendi like a leech.

Heh....know what? Managed to get my salary adjustment after all. ARA told me last week that DAZ has already approved my adjustment proposed by D'boss of nearly 15%. Damn man. I need to buy D'boss a few jugs man.

Man.. what a week. So now my Kancil have already been repaired which cost me about RM2K. The fridge is working but still need some repair (thermostat problem). But things has come back to normal actually. Now whenever it rain, the people of TTDI Jaya will start to cringes and hoping that the river can still hold its water.

Oh ya... almost forgot. The petrol price was increased again by 30 cents effective 28 Feb 2006. Damn! Now everybody is embracing for the tidal wave of other basic things prices to go up as well. Just wait and see laa. Ciao.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home