Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Ni Hao....Xie Xie Ni.... Wa Ai Ni

These are the three words of Mandarin that I know when D'boss asked me to accompany him to China last week. Damn, weather was terrible at the place that we went. How do I get to go? Hmm... Actually, SDB has invested quite a huge sum in a small port and a water supply company on the north-east of China. A place known as Weifang located in the province of Shandung. It is a pofitable investment. The port is the only port available for the industrial salt industry and the water are supplied to the surrounding plants and factories. It is very political as SDB is relying heavily on the mayor's influence in doing its business. The MD of the company is a guy by the name of Louis Lu who has quite a big circle of friends within the top govt. officers and decision makers in Beijing.

So when I was there, it was 0 deg daytime and minus 15 deg night time. Even the port are frozen (ref pic below).









So not much activity as the ships can't move and it is cold as hell outside. Upon arrived, we were given a feast for lunch where the rice wine and beers ran freely. By the time lunch was over, I was walking on air (if you know what I mean).

But let me tell you, doing business in China is not easy but it's also not that difficult. All you need is the right connection and the ability to understand the politics of it. If you don't understand and cannot fit in the culture, better pack up your bags and leave.

The other thing is their ladies. Damn man... so bootiful laa oi. I'v the privillage to sit and chat with some of them. Very tall, elegant and hot. Wish I could get a new girlfriend later on. Then ada some motivation laa mau pergi China. Ciao dulu weh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home